Last week was the end of my sixth month on the road! Half-way around my plan to go around the world in one year.
The trip is going better than I could imagine and I’m having the time of my life! I have seen amazing places, meet interesting people from many origins and discovered fascinating cultures.
I must say that all my fears about long-term traveling (mainly that I would get fed up with the hostel life) have gone away. The only thing that changed is that I started doing freelancing work again as I was missing working on something.
As I told you in a previous post, I made some changes to my itinerary. Things are continually evolving and some other (bigger) changes may be on the way…
Asia is coming to an end as I’m spending my last week in Indonesia. Next up is Australia, a country which I’m very excited to visit as I heard so many good things about it.
Some stats (as of 7/7/2013):
- 10 countries (India, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Japan, Indonesia)
- 66 accommodations
- 16 flights on 10 airline companies
- 12 train rides (including 5 night trains)
- 27 bus rides (including 6 night buses)
- 12 boat rides
- 10115 photos (28.2GB) (1441 published on Flickr)
- 522 videos (42GB)
- 52 blog posts